Revised 05 August 2015
This disclaimer should be read in its entirety. The information available through www.rarecancers.org.au (this site) is not a substitute for independent and personal professional medical advice. This site contains information, data, documents, policies, procedures, guidelines, images and general material prepared by Rare Cancers Australia Ltd ABN 24 159 196 997 ("RCA"). RCA wishes to make available the information to better inform the community. In particular, the linked information and reference materials are intended solely for the information of the user. RCA does not accept any liability for any injury, loss or damage incurred by use of or reliance on the information.
Rare Cancers Australia Ltd is endorsed by the ATO as a Deductible Gift Recipient.
Donations over A$2.00 are fully tax deductible but are not refundable. A Tax Deductible Receipt will automatically be emailed for all donations over AUD$2.00 provided that a valid email address is supplied.
Information Subject to Change
Any information on this web site may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Furthermore, the information may change from time to time without any notice. Whilst the information is considered to be true and correct at the date of publication, changes in circumstances after the time of publication may impact on the accuracy of the information. RCA is not and will not be, in any way, liable for the accuracy of any information printed and stored or in any way interpreted and used by a user.
To the extent permitted by law, this web site and the information and services provided on this web site, are provided on an "as is", "as available" basis without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, those of TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE or NON-INFRINGEMENT or any warranty arising from a course of dealing, usage, or trade practice. No oral advice or written information provided by RCA or its employees shall create a warranty; nor should visitors to the site rely on any such information or advice.
Disclaimer of Liability
The user assumes all responsibility and risk for the use of this web site and the information and services provided on this web site, and the Internet generally. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall RCA or its employees or anyone else involved in creating or maintaining this web site be liable for any DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL or CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA, GOODWILL, BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY OR BARGAIN, that result from the use or inability to use the web site and/or any other web sites which are linked to this site, or the information and services provided on the web site. Nor shall RCA or its employees be liable for any such damages including, but not limited to, reliance by a visitor on any information obtained via the web site; or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, viruses, errors, defects, or any failure of performance, communications failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access. In states which do not allow some or all of the above limitations of liability, liability shall be limited to the greatest extent allowed by law.
Users of this web site agree to use the web site only for lawful purposes and are prohibited from posting on the web site any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory or obscene material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law. This applies to any posting that could be termed as Sexual Harassment and/or Discrimination.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
Reference to any products, services, hypertext link to the third parties or other information by trade name, trade mark, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply its endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by RCA or its employees. Nor is an endorsement of RCA or its employees implied by such links.
Links and Articles within this Site
Rare Cancers Australia Ltd (RCA) has collected and provides through this website, links or other material. These links and material express a range of views on issues of medical or social significance to sufferers of rare or less common cancers and their support networks. RCA does not adopt or promote the views expressed in these links and materials. Rather, RCA provides them to assist in promoting discussion of the issues.
The treatment of rare and less common cancers is subject to considerable uncertainty. Before relying on the views expressed in the links and material to adopt a treatment or pattern of behaviour, specialised medical advice should be obtained that is specific to the circumstances.
Internet Usage Risks
Users should be aware that the World Wide Web is an insecure public network that gives rise to a potential risk that a user's transactions are being viewed, intercepted or modified by third parties or that files which the user downloads may contain computer viruses or other defects. RCA accepts no liability for any interference with or damage to a user's computer system, software or data occurring in connection with this web site. Users are encouraged to take appropriate and adequate precautions to ensure that whatever is selected from this site is free of viruses or other contamination that may interfere with or damage the user's computer system, software or data.
Restrictions on Use
The information on this web site is protected by copyright. Excepted as expressly permitted by RCA, the user must not reproduce, publish, adapt or communicate the information on this web site to the public. RCA authorises the user to make a copy of the information on this web site for personal use only.
Please note that all monies donated to Rare Cancers Australia Limited are used charitably at the discretion of the RCA Board of Directors. The wishes of donors are, wherever possible, taken into account by the Board when allocating available funds.
Rare Cancers Australia Ltd will provide a refund in the following circumstances:
- On any RCA branded merchandise purchased at a hosted RCA event (Event), providing the item purchased is returned in its present condition within fourteen (14) days of purchase;
- On any RCA branded merchandise purchased at an event not hosted by RCA or from a registered 3rd party seller of RCA merchandise, providing the item purchased is returned to RCA in its present condition within fourteen (14) days of purchase;
- RCA Events
- A confirmation letter and tax deductible receipt will be posted or emailed within 72 hours of receipt of payment.
- Cancellations of tickets occurring less than seven (7) days prior to an event will incur a 10% administration fee.
- Cancellations made less than 72 hours prior to an event will forfeit full payment. Substitutes can be made at any time.
RCA will not provide a refund in the following circumstances:
- The monies received is by way of a donation, unless that donation is made in error and RCA is advised, in writing, within 24 hours of the error being made;
- The payment to RCA is made for any auction item, silent auction item or raffle ticket at an RCA run Event;
- All payments made at events not hosted by RCA, but where the proceeds are subsequently donated to RCA.
All transactions are in Australian Dollars (AUD$).
Transactions will appear on your credit card statement as Rare Cancers Aust Ltd Bowral.
Rare Cancers Australia uses the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. 128-bit SSL encryption is the current industry standard. If you have any questions regarding our security policy, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Credit Card Fraud
Most banks and card issuers either cover all the charges that result from unauthorised use of your credit card, or may limit your liability to $50.00. In the unlikely event of unauthorised use of your credit card, you must notify your card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
Fundraising Terms & Conditions
What follows is a list of terms and conditions for users setting up, managing and contributing to fundraising pages on this website.
- Ensure that any content that is uploaded (including photographs) is not obscene, offensive, defamatory, racist or discriminatory to any group and does not breach any law or regulation or any intellectual property rights of a third party or any right or duty owed to a third party. (NB: copyright owner’s written permission from the owner must be obtained for any copyright protected material prior to it being used on this site)
- Not use the site in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, any interruption, damage or any other impairment to the the site or access to the site
- Not use the site to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organisation
- Not use the site to send spam email or junk email
- Not use the site for any kind of competition or forwarding scheme
- Not use the site for any criminal, negligent or unlawful purpose (including but not limited to defrauding others into releasing passwords, harmful or malicious destruction of data, injection of computer viruses, intentional invasion of privacy, password cracking or denial-of-service attacks)
- Not attempt to modify, adapt, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the site or to bypass the network firewall
- Not use any part of the site which you are not authorised to use or devise ways to circumvent security in order to access part of the site which you are not authorised to access. (This includes but is not limited to scanning networks with the intent to breach and/or evaluate security, whether or not the intrusion results in access.)
In the event that you become aware of any content which breaches any of the above rules, please notify us immediately by emailing email@example.com
Rare Cancers Australia Ltd reserves the right to remove any content from any page without notice at its sole discretion.
You must not use the site in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the site or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way;
You must ensure that any content you upload onto the site (including photographs) is not obscene, offensive, defamatory or racist and does not breach any law or regulation or any intellectual property rights of a third party or any right or duty owed to a third party. This means that if any of the content you upload is copyright protected, you must obtain the copyright owner’s written permission in order to use it;
In the event that you become aware of any content which breaches any of the above rules, please notify us immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org;
You must not use the site to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organisation;
You must not use the site to send junk or spam email;
You must not use the site to conduct, display or forward details of any survey, contest, pyramid scheme or chain letter;
Rare Cancers Australia Ltd reserves the right to remove any content from any page without notice at its sole discretion;
You must not to attempt to modify, adapt, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the site or any other web site;
You must not to attempt to bypass the network firewall;
You must not to use any part of the site which you are not authorised to use or devise ways to circumvent security in order to access part of the site which you are not authorised to access. This includes but is not limited to scanning networks with the intent to breach and/or evaluate security, whether or not the intrusion results in access;
You must not to use or attempt to use the site for any unlawful, criminal or negligent purpose. This includes but is not limited to password cracking, social engineering (defrauding others into releasing their passwords), denial-of-service attacks, harmful and malicious destruction of data, injection of computer viruses and intentional invasion of privacy.